European Federation of Patients' Associations for Anthroposophic Medicine (EFPAM)
We strive for:
Access to medical services and products
- Guaranteed access to all therapies and anthroposophic medicinal products
- Free choice of therapy for all European citizens
- Recognition of all anthroposophic health professionals
Use of adequate legislation / Application of appropriate legislation
- Current European legislation does not adequately allow for the registration of all anthroposophic medicinal products; a third of all medicines are currently not permitted.
- European legislation urgently needs to be revised
Availability of medical services and products
- Due to the inadequate legislation, anthroposophic medicinal products are not available to all who want to use them.
- This discrimination may cause the decline of the numbers of anthroposophic health professionals.
- Availability varies enormously between EU member states.
The costs of medical services and products
- Anthroposophic medical products and services should be reimbursed to patients just like any other medical services and products
- To represent the views and interests of patients who wish to use anthroposophic medicine in all its forms, in combination with other medicines or instead.
- To support and further the right of the individual to self-determination in health matters
- To cooperate with European, international and national institutions in the field of health in the broadest sense
- To contribute towards the cultural and legal recognition of anthroposophic medicine in all its forms
- To support the recognition and insertion of patients' rights into any future legislation
- To extend the right to reimbursement by health insurance schemes of all services and products of anthroposophic medicine in accordance with the principal of citizen equality