International Federation of Anthroposophic Medical Associations (IVAA)
The IVAA, or Internationale Vereinigung Anthroposophischer Ärztegesellschaften/ International Federation of Anthroposophic Medical Associations, promotes the recognition of anthroposophic medicine and its implementation in health care systems. Our vision is a world where the benefits of anthroposophic medicine are widely recognized, and where patients and doctors have ready access to complementary anthroposophic medicines and treatments that improve healthcare outcomes.
The IVAA's four main objectives are to:
- Promote the visibility and recognition of anthroposophic medicine
- Ensure the availability of Anthroposophic Medicinal Products (AMPs)
- Contribute to the quality of health care through the implementation of anthroposophic medicine into health care systems
- Contribute to a thriving Integrative Medicine movement
- To engage actively on behalf of anthroposophic medicine in the relevant EU- and international institutions
- To consult on educational, training and research issues
- To collaborate with the major European medical umbrella organizations in the field of complementary and alternative medicine and with other health organizations in Europe and internationally
Anthroposophic Medicine in Europe
Anthroposophic medicine is an integrative system that improves health outcomes through a holistic approach to treatment that includes physical, psychological and social health.
Anthroposophic medical approach focuses on how to keep people healthy rather than on why they fall ill and is designed to complement conventional medicine. Anthroposophic medical doctors are qualified physicians who have received additional training to integrate anthroposophic medicine into their conventional practices.